Featured Post

Fake It Until You Make It

I've been in education for 18 years and the one phrase that always comes up again and again is "Fake It Until You Make It"...

Sunday, August 27, 2017

A Comfortable Place for Teachers

New school, new people, new adventure. I've never been one to fear change, but this position has definitely brought up some of those first year teacher feelings I had 18 years ago. At first, I wasn't even sure where I would be in the building. Would I have an office? Would I share a space with another teacher? After speaking with my AMAZING new administrators, I found out that they had a space where they held all staff faculty meetings, school meetings, and provided staff training. BINGO! I found my room. I mean, it made perfect sense for me; the person who would be providing job embedded professional development, to create an inviting and positive learning space for teachers. I was on a mission! I was so lucky to come upon Presto Plans Teacher's Lounge Bundle on Teachers Pay Teachers. I decided to use this and other decorations to create a relaxing, inviting, positive place for teachers to take a break from their busy day. I have made it very clear that this room is OUR space and my door is always open. The reaction has been amazing. To be honest, I was worried I would work super hard to create this place and no one would come in for a coffee. I have been pleasantly surprised and so may people have come in to grab a snack or a cup of coffee. I'm not in my room very often, but when I do go in, I almost always get to know someone a little better and on more of a personal level. If you are a coach, I would love to hear from you and see your work space! 







No comments:

Post a Comment